Lakestate Industries, Incorporated is dedicated to helping people recognize and maximize their abilities,
overcome barriers, and support them in reaching their highest level of employment and community inclusion.
Welcome to Lakestate Industries
Celebrating over 40 Years of Service!
The Upper Peninsula's leader in Employment and Training.
Lakestate Industries is a private, non-profit agency that serves people in our community with intellectual disabilities,
to enhance their lives and the lives of the families who love them.
Founded in 1969, Lakestate began as an outgrowth of a parents group concerned with the lack of opportunities available for people with disabilities.
Thus, Lakestate's focus has been giving persons with disabilities the opportunity to experience the rewards of working for "real pay" while removing barriers to employment and promoting community inclusion.
Lakestate Industries provides vocational career exploration, job development, work training and job services to adult and student populations.
We provide contracted services to business that make a significant impact on our community.
Lakestate Industries can help your business in many ways
We do the following plus so much more!
- Provide high quality employees to our business community.
- Provide sub-contracting services (our place or yours), including, but not limited to: confidential sorting and shredding, light assembly,labeling,packaging,repackaging and bulk mailings.
- Produce quality hand-crafted specialty products.
- Manufacture custom pallet cutstock and pallets designed to your needs.
- Provide rehabilitation services to persons with mental and/or physical disabilities
- Rustic Room Store- Our store features Custom Made Furniture & Yooper Firestarters made by persons with varying abilities. Shop Online Now!
Learn How to Recycle visit the 2014 Delta Wide Recycling, Compost and Landfill Guidelines
Courtesy of Lakestate Industries
We invite you to browse our site!
Visit us on Facebook!